Our Motto: “The family that reads together has a lot of fun!”
The Tweet for Literacy Giveaway is a campaign designed to raise awareness of the importance of involving the whole family in a child’s reading activities. Tweet for Literacy will be giving away literacy-related prizes every two days throughout the month of November in honor of National Family Literacy Month. Help a child to read, and let the fun begin!
How to Enter the Tweet for Literacy Giveaways
Step 1: Follow our 7 sponsors on Twitter. This step is required. We will all follow you back!
Step 2: Re-tweet (RT) any post about the giveaway. Use the hashtag #Tweet4Lit on each RT. Be sure to add the bit.ly URL link for this contest page. It’s .
Sample Entry Re-tweets
RT @ccmalandrinos Tweet for Literacy is giving away 12 prize sets and a grand prize thru Nov. Enter here. http://bit.ly/YpqN2 #Tweet4Lit
RT @ccmalandrinos Enter Tweet for Literacy giveaways here! New prize sets every 2 days. #Tweet4Lit http://bit.ly/YpqN2
Step 3: That’s it! See the Official Rules below.
You can re-enter as many times as you like. Prizes are awarded every 2 days starting on November 8. First day to enter is November 6, 2009. Last day to enter is November 30. A prize package will be awarded on each even day of the month. Each prize package will be a set of items that are literacy related. See below for specific information on prizes.
The name of the winner will be selected at random and will be drawn at approximately 6pm CT. The winner will have 3 days to respond. If we don’t hear from the winner, we will select another winner for that prize package. We will notify our 13 winners by Direct Message (DM) on Twitter.
Whereas you can enter as often as you like, if you are not following all 7 sponsors on Twitter, which will be verified, your entries will be disqualified. All entries that comply with the above rules will be valid for each drawing, including the Grand Prize. The Grand Prize will be awarded on December 1, 2009.
Open to residents of the U.S. only. Must be at least 18 years old to enter.
If you have any questions or comments about the giveaway, please contact Linda Thieman at blog (at) katieandkimble (dot) com.
Holly Hardin, author of the children’s picture book Aurora of the Northern Lights
Twitter name: @hollyhardin
Blog: Holly’s Helpful Hints
Sheri Kaye Hoff, Life Coach and author of Keys to Living Joyfully
Twitter name: @sherikayehoff
Blog: Coach Sheri’s Living Joyfully Everyday blog
Nicole O’Dell, author of the Scenarios books for girls ages 10-15
Twitter name: @nicole_odell
Blog: Nicole O’Dell blog
Linda Thieman, author of the Katie & Kimble: A Ghost Story chapter book series for ages 7-10
Twitter name: @lindathieman
Blog: The Katie & Kimble Blog
Susan Buetow, homeschooling mom/blogger
Twitter name: @susieqtpies
Blogs: The Homeschool Messenger; Scraps of Life
Cheryl Malandrinos, writer/mom/book blogger
Twitter name: @ccmalandrinos
Blog: The Children’s and Teens’ Book Connection
April Pohren, mom/book blogger
Twitter name: @cafeofdreams
Blog: Café of Dreams
Prizes and Winners
The Tweet for Literacy campaign was designed to encourage family literacy. Our motto is “The family that reads together has a lot of fun!”
Our goal is to empower children and teens, especially girls, who are so often overlooked. We also seek to teach tolerance and self-acceptance through reading and through family interaction.
Our fourth prize package winner will be selected on November 14, 2009, at 6pm CT. Total value of Prize Package Four is $105.
Prize Package Four
This special Gift Package (items 1-4) is being donated by Sourcebooks, Inc., (www.sourcebooks.com).
1) The Tree That Time Built (book & CD, autographed), edited by the Children’s Poet Laureate Mary Ann Hoberman and Linda Winston—a cultural anthropologist. This collection of poetry is made to teach kids all about the wonders of nature. There are explanations of scientific terms, as well as an accompanying CD with some of the most recognized voices in poetry. It’s REALLY sweet. (Value $19.99) (For ages 9-12; great for the entire family.) Donated by Sourcebooks.
2) Horrid Henry by Francesca Simon and Tony Ross (Value $4.99). (For ages 4-8) Donated by Sourcebooks.
3) Horrid Henry’s Christmas by Francesca Simon and Tony Ross (Value $4.99). (For ages 4-8) Donated by Sourcebooks.
4) Dreaming Anastasia by Joy Preble and a signed poster of Dreaming Anastasia (Value $9.99). (Young Adult) Donated by Sourcebooks.
5) Aurora of the Northern Lights by Holly Hardin (autographed — an $18.95 value), the delightful Yuletide-themed picture book by one of our Tweet for Literacy sponsors. Donated by the author.
6) Close Encounters of the Third-grade Kind: Thoughts on Teacherhood by Phillip Done ($22.99 value). Donated by Hachette Book Group.
7) The Bethel Lutheran Cookbook, edited and donated by Tweet for Literacy sponsor Susan Buetow. 700 family-favorite recipes! Take reading outside the box and into the kitchen! ($10 value) (For all ages!)
8) The Unexpected Gift by Michelle Bulmer Atha & Meaghan Gonzales Wagar (Value $12.95) (For Mom.) Donated by Tweet for Literacy sponsor April Pohren.
Check back here daily as we will continue to update the list of prizes.