March 8 is International Women’s Day and the month of March is Women’s History Month. PBS KIDS and PBS KIDS for Parents offers resources and activities for little ones to learn about strong women and the importance of gender equality.
- In PBS KIDS for Parents’ “How to Raise a Self Confident Girl,” Katie Hurley arms caregivers with a guide to nurture girls’ self-confidence
- Check out these tips to encourage girls in STEM
- Join Xavier Riddle and friends in meeting strong females throughout history, including the first American woman to go to space, Sally Ride
- This book list, perfect for ages 3 to 9, is filled with stories featuring girls from different cultures and backgrounds, exploring how dreams can lead to lifelong learnings
- Help young girls lead with courage, through the guide “How to Raise a Leader,” which teaches new skills and recommends volunteering with the community as one of many ways parents can help raise strong women.
PBS KIDS and PBS KIDS for Parents is here to help you honor strong women throughout history.