Our Motto: “The family that reads together has a lot of fun!”
The Tweet for Literacy Giveaway is a campaign designed to raise awareness of the importance of involving the whole family in a child’s reading activities. Tweet for Literacy will be giving away literacy-related prizes every two days throughout the month of November in honor of National Family Literacy Month. Help a child to read, and let the fun begin!
How to Enter the Tweet for Literacy Giveaways
Step 1: Follow our 7 sponsors on Twitter. This step is required. We will all follow you back!
Step 2: Re-tweet (RT) any post about the giveaway. Use the hashtag #Tweet4Lit on each RT. Be sure to add the bit.ly URL link for this contest page. It’s .
Sample Entry Re-tweets
RT @ccmalandrinos Tweet for Literacy is giving away 12 prize sets and a grand prize thru Nov. Enter here. http://bit.ly/797GHG #Tweet4Lit
RT @ccmalandrinos Enter Tweet for Literacy giveaways here! New prize sets every 2 days. #Tweet4Lit http://bit.ly/797GHG
Step 3: That’s it! See the Official Rules below.
You can re-enter as many times as you like. Prizes are awarded every 2 days starting on November 8. First day to enter is November 6, 2009. Last day to enter is November 30. A prize package will be awarded on each even day of the month. Each prize package will be a set of items that are literacy related. See below for specific information on prizes.
The name of the winner will be selected at random and will be drawn at approximately 6pm CT. The winner will have 3 days to respond. If we don’t hear from the winner, we will select another winner for that prize package. We will notify our 13 winners by Direct Message (DM) on Twitter.
Whereas you can enter as often as you like, if you are not following all 7 sponsors on Twitter, which will be verified, your entries will be disqualified. All entries that comply with the above rules will be valid for each drawing, including the Grand Prize. The Grand Prize will be awarded on December 1, 2009.
Open to residents of the U.S. only. Must be at least 18 years old to enter.
If you have any questions or comments about the giveaway, please contact Linda Thieman at blog (at) katieandkimble (dot) com.
Holly Hardin, author of the children’s picture book Aurora of the Northern Lights
Twitter name: @hollyhardin
Blog: Holly’s Helpful Hints
Sheri Kaye Hoff, Life Coach and author of Keys to Living Joyfully
Twitter name: @sherikayehoff
Blog: Coach Sheri’s Living Joyfully Everyday blog
Nicole O’Dell, author of the Scenarios books for girls ages 10-15
Twitter name: @nicole_odell
Blog: Nicole O’Dell blog
Linda Thieman, author of the Katie & Kimble: A Ghost Story chapter book series for ages 7-10
Twitter name: @lindathieman
Blog: The Katie & Kimble Blog
Susan Buetow, homeschooling mom/blogger
Twitter name: @susieqtpies
Blogs: The Homeschool Messenger; Scraps of Life
Cheryl Malandrinos, writer/mom/book blogger
Twitter name: @ccmalandrinos
Blog: The Children’s and Teens’ Book Connection
April Pohren, mom/book blogger
Twitter name: @cafeofdreams
Blog: Café of Dreams
Prizes and Winners
The Tweet for Literacy campaign was designed to encourage family literacy. Our motto is “The family that reads together has a lot of fun!”
Our goal is to empower children and teens, especially girls, who are so often overlooked. We also seek to teach tolerance and self-acceptance through reading and through family interaction.
Our ninth prize package winner will be selected on November 24, 2009, at 6pm CT. Total value of Prize Package Nine is $124.
Prize Package Nine
This special Gift Package (items 1-4) is being donated by Sourcebooks, Inc., (www.sourcebooks.com).
1) Horrid Henry’s Underpants by Francesca Simon and Tony Ross (Value $4.99, for ages 4-8.) Donated by Sourcebooks, Inc.
2) Bran Hambric: The Farfield Curse by Kaleb Nation (signed) and a signed poster of Bran Hambric (Value $17.99) (Ages 9-12) Donated by Sourcebooks, Inc.
3) MagicKeepers by Erica Kirov (signed). (Value $14.99). (For Grades 5-8) Donated by Sourcebooks, Inc.
4) Merlin’s Harp (ARC—advanced readers copy) by Anne Crompton (Value $7.99) (Young Adult) Donated by Sourcebooks, Inc.
5) 2 codes for e-books at the iTunes App Store from PicPocket Books (combined value up to $7.98). These picture book apps are downloaded to an iPhone or an iPod Touch. For children 2 to 8. Donated by PicPocket Books.
6) Aurora of the Northern Lights by Holly Hardin (autographed — an $18.95 value), the delightful Yuletide-themed picture book by one of our Tweet for Literacy sponsors. Donated by the author.
7) $25 CurrClick gift certificate donated by CurrClick.com. Can be used for any eBook, audio book, video or Live Class on their homeschooling curriculum site.
8) Light Up Your Child’s Mind: Finding a Unique Pathway to Happiness and Success by Joseph S. Renzulli, Sally M. Reis, Andrea Thompson ($25.99 value). Donated by Hachette Book Group.