Earth Day is celebrated around the world annually on April 22. PBS KIDS recognizes that it’s important to teach little ones about the changes around us and the importance of protecting nature, too. Here are some resources to nurture learning outside the classroom:
- How do you celebrate Earth Day? Get inspired with 15 ways to celebrate Earth Day with kids.
- These PBS KIDS Explore the Outdoors hubs feed kids’ curiosity about nature, animals, and the changes that come with warmer months.
- What does ‘recycle’ mean? Learn about turning something old into something new with Daniel Tiger.
- ‘Nature is Our Neighbor’ is a catchy Wild Kratts original–filled with fun visuals and easy ways for everyone to pitch in and save our planet!
- Want to learn more about composting? Elinor Wonders Why shows us what the compost cycle is all about here.
- As busy routines pick back up, this article shares a handful of reminders of why getting outside can be so special to slow down as a family.
Check out PBS KIDS for Parents to find more helpful resources.