Not a lot of reading–or blogging–going on these days. Real estate has taken over my life. I miss my nightly bath time ritual of reading for at least an hour in the tub, but sometimes I can’t stay awake that long.
This week we are on vacation in Kill Devil Hill, NC (the Outer Banks) so I am getting more reading done than I probably have all year. Won’t get to read all the books I brought with me, but I am hoping to read at least half of them.
Just finished A Loaded Gun by Jerome Charyn, a biography of Emily Dickinson. I’ve also been reading Portrait of Conspiracy: Da Vinci’s Disciples by Donna Russo Morin. I’ll be starting A Simple Vow by Charlotte Hubbard soon. Other books I brought with me on vacation:
- Deep Shadows by Vannetta Chapman
- Anna’s Healing by Vannetta Chapman
- Joshua’s Mission by Vannetta Chapman
- The Strangers on Montague Street by Karen White
- When Butterflies Came by Kimberley Griffiths Little
- Iced Chiffon by Duffy Brown
- While We Were Watching Downton Abbey by Wendy Wax
Dad bought four books to take with him on vacation:
- Daring Young Men: The Heroism and Triumph of The Berlin Airlift-June 1948-May 1949 by Richard Reeves
- In Harm’s Way: The Sinking of the U.S.S. Indianapolis and the Extraordinary Story of Its Survivors by Doug Stanton
- Trudy’s Promise by Marcia Preston (already read)
- Vienna Prelude (Zion Covenant, Book 1) by Bodie and Brock Thoene
The Lil’ Diva brought a bag full of books with her, but not sure she will actually read them. Chatting online with friends seems to have taken over her life. The Lil’ Princess is taking a break right now.
That’s it for this edition of From the Family Bookshelf. Hope you’re all keeping up with your reading. Please feel free to share what you’re reading right now.