It’s time for a goals update. I used to review my goals once a quarter, but now it’s more like twice a year. No matter how often it happens it is important to gauge progress.
GOALS FOR 2017
Considering my real estate work schedule and my family commitments, I am keeping it simple again this year.
- Participate in Picture Book Idea Month in January. I’ve participated in this endeavor twice, which resulted in Macaroni and Cheese for Thanksgiving being published, Amos Faces His Bully being under contract, and four other picture books written. I’m game to do it again.
- Submit two short stories this year.
- Contribute to Guardian Angel Kids e-zine once this year.
- Seek out guest blogging opportunities once a quarter.
- Write four chapters of Amelia’s Mission by June.
- Attend writing group monthly.
JUNE 2017 GOAL UPDATE
Goal 1: Complete! Picture Book Idea Month became STORYSTORM this year. This allowed more writers to participate and certainly helped me to achieve my goal of 30 story ideas in 30 days.
Goal 2: I’m really not a short story person, but I am hoping something I have in my finished works might be tweaked. Might look at this on vacation next month.
Goal 3: Not yet. I may be too late, but I’ll see what the themes are for the remainder of the year and go from there.
Goal 4: Definitely got back into guest blogging this year. The release of Macaroni and Cheese for Thanksgiving and my participation in the Author’s Fair at our local library helped this along.
Goal 5: Did not happen and might not happen. I ended up going in a slightly different direction, using my monthly writing group meetings to review The Sisterhood, a women’s fiction story that I would really like to revise.
Goal 6: I’ve only missed one so far this year. I’ll miss next month’s while we are on vacation. Amazing considering how busy my real estate business has been.
New item: Amos Faces His Bully is currently being illustrated. That should come out sometime later this year. I’ll need to dedicate time October – December to promote it.
New item: I’ve given the Christian chapter book I ghostwrote to one of my publishers for review. With any luck I’ll be needing to work on edits to that this year as well. Say a prayer.
How are your writing goals coming?
Good luck with the publisher and all of your goals. I know you can do it.
Thanks, Bev. I appreciate it.