For a good article on the history and meaning behind Memorial Day, visit Time for Kids at http://www.timeforkids.com/news/meaning-memorial-day/40391
It’s the third Friday of the month so you’ll find me blogging at Christian Children’s Authors. Today’s topic: Having Faith When Life Throws You Curveballs. Check it out at http://christianchildrensauthors.com/2017/05/19/having-faith-when-life-throws-you-a-curveball/
As part of the Author Fair I participated in, visitors voted on which of my story ideas I should work on next. Here are the winners listed by popularity.
Picture Book/Early Readers
- Re-imagined Little Red Riding Hood with a modern girl who outwits the wolf.
- On a cold Christmas Eve, a tiny buck is frightened away from his home by a bear. He’s gone so far that he doesn’t know the way home, but then he remembers something his mother always told him and her wisdom help guides him home.
- An ingenious turkey comes up with ways to avoid becoming Thanksgiving Day dinner.
- Five-year-old Beatrice and her make-believe friend Charlotte go on an adventure where they imagine the lawn mower is really a dinosaur eating up everything and they must escape.
- A young boy comes up with a plan to save Christmas when Santa cancels the holiday because there are too many kids on the naughty list.
- When an eleven-year-old victim of excessive bullying commits suicide, the residents of her small town are left with the struggle of maintaining the status quo or changing how they treat each other.
- A time travel series where two or three kids travel to the past via a certain object and meet historical figures along the way, helping to solve some problem. Once the problem is solved, the object brings them back home.
- A time travel story where a child journeys to the future and helps an older person, discovering at the end that the person she helped was her older self.
- A mystery about private school kids on a field trip who work to uncover a missing artifact or find a student who goes missing.
Young Adult and Adult
- Modern day Romeo and Juliet story.
- Thriller about a wife who attempts to murder her husband and then disappears. With the help of a private investigator who is his former girlfriend he works to track down his wife.
- A mystery with a love triangle set in the 1970s.
- A story of three sisters from a dysfunctional family each coping with a crisis and how those crises draw them together.
Please vote for your favorites in the comments section of this post. Thanks.
This is the first Friday of the month, so I am blogging at Christian Children’s Authors (CCA). I’m sharing some thoughts on last weekend’s author fair and how I prepared for it. You can find my post at http://christianchildrensauthors.com/2017/05/05/praying-for-confidence
One of the things I did at this event is have a poster board where attendees could vote on which story ideas I’ve come up with over the past few years that they would most like to see. I also had a typed out sheet for Middle Grade/Tween and another for Young Adult and Adult. I’ll be sharing those results soon.