I’m a bit behind with my update, but now that the girls are back to school hopefully things will get back to normal around here. I should be upset I didn’t write a single word last month. I should be bummed that this is the second month in a row that I didn’t meet my 12 x 1 2 goal. Honestly, though, I’m not brokenhearted over it. Here’s what I did accomplish in August:
- I edited a previously written middle grade book and submitted it for consideration to my publisher.
- I submitted a previously written picture book to an agent. (Got rejected 😦 ).
- I’ve juggled two editing projects for clients.
- I’ve managed two book tours for the past couple of months and have two in October and two in November I’m planning.
- I’m working on setting up blog tours for my books: Little Shepherd by Cheryl Malandrinos and A Christmas Kindness by C.C. Gevry.
This all happened in between planning and teaching vacation Bible school, keeping all my blogs regularly updated (six total), my bi-monthly contributions to the Christian Children’s Authors Blog, cheerleading camp, back-to-school shopping, and the normal everyday craziness of our house. So, while 12 x 12 suffered, I still feel I’ve accomplished a lot. I’m scheduled to work on Flag Day Fiasco—Students discover the school’s flag is missing and must try to find it before their annual Flag Day celebration kicks off—this month. I’m not sure I’ll get to it, but I hope I do. It’s one of my favorite ideas.
Hope you enjoy your weekend.