I have been a very, very bad blogger. It was the end of October when the last edition of From the Family Bookshelf was posted. In all fairness, I was tied up in November with book tours and Picture Book Idea Month.
I’ll share everyone else’s list because mine is extensive.
The Lil Diva, the Lil Princess, and I have been reading the Diary of a Wimpy Kid books. I ordered the latest, The Ugly Truth, from a school book fair and we polished that one off. We’re now reading the first book in the series together. The Lil Diva received Dog Days as a gift. She’s holding off on that one until we finish off the first book.
Mom – Hold onto your hats because this is going to be some list.
- Buying Time by Pamela Samuels Young (legal thriller)
- A Despicable Profession by John Knoerle (spy thriller)
- Five Little Pumpkins by Ben Mantle (picture book)
- Hello, Animals! by Smriti Prsaadam (picture book)
- Hello, Bugs! by Smriti Prsaadam (picture book)
- Lightning Strikes by Kevin McNamme (picture book)
- Call Me Kate by Molly Roe (YA historical)
- Saving Max by Antoinette van Heugten (suspense/psychological thriller)
- ABC Animal Jamboree by Giles Andreae (picture book)
- Don’t Read This Book! by Jill Lewis (picture book)
- Hugless Douglas by David Melling (picture book)
- Invisible Path by Marilyn Meredith (mystery)
- Ordinary Oscar by Laura Adkins (picture book)
- The Bear with Sticky Paws Goes to School by Clara Vullimay (picture book)
- The Fox in the Dark by Alison Green (picture book)
- Daily Guideposts 2011 (devotional)
- The Parent’s Guide to Facebook by Kathryn Rose (parenting)
- Brave Boys of Derry or No Surrender! by W.S. Martin (historical narrative)
- Care for Creation by Christy Baldwin (picture book)
- The Portrait by Hazel Statham (Regency romance)
- Mrs. Catiscuit’s search for the downward land by Chris Wardle (tween chapter book)
- Mr. Ginger and the Disappearing Fish by Chris Wardle (tween chapter book)
- A Girl’s Guide to Life by Katie Meier (Christian teen nonfiction)
- A Necklace for Jiggsy by Kit Grady (picture book)
- A Star in the Night by Jennifer Gladen (picture book)
- Andy and Spirit Meet the Rodeo Queen by Mary Jean Kelso (picture book)
- Good Night, Little Sea Otter by Janet Halfmann (picture book)
- Growing Up Dreams by Susan J. Berger (picture book)
- One Snowy Day by Tammi Salzano (picture book)
- Pursuit of Justice by DiAnn Mills (Christian romantic suspense)
- RV Mouse by Mary Jean Kelso (picture book)
- Signs of Trouble by Janet Ann Collins (picture book)
- ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas by Clement C. Moore and illustrated by Kat Whelan (picture book)
- A Winter Solstice Celebration by DiDi LeMay (chapter book)
- Other Goose by J. otto Seibold (picture book)
- A Summer Secret by Kathleen Fuller (Christian YA)
- The Christmas Chronicles by Tim Slover (Christmas fiction)
Reviews for most of these appear either here or at The Book Connection. Reviews for A Girl’s Guide to Life and A Summer Secret appear at Amazon, since those books are part of the Vine program.
I also read:
- The Wolf of Tebron by C.S. Lakin (YA fantasy)
- Red Ink by Kathi Macias (Christian contemporary international fiction)
- Finding God: To Believe or Not to Believe by Nick Oliva (spirituality)
Until next time, keep reading!