In honor of National Family Literacy Month, the Tweet for Literacy campaign extends throughout the month of November. Our Grand Prize drawing will be held on the morning of December 1, 2009.
The Tweet for Literacy Grand Prize drawing is a little different. It is actually a two-part giveaway, open even to winners of the first twelve of the Tweet4Lit prizes.
which elementary school is to be the recipient of the Katie & Kimble book package. Yes, the winner of the Grand Prize gets to pay it forward! We thought that would be fun and fulfilling.
Click here to read more about Tweet for Literacy and to enter the contest. We’re giving away a set of prizes every two days for the month of November!
Enter as often as you like. Must be at least 18 to enter and a resident of the United States.
Grand Prize Package Sneak Peek
Grand Prize Package Winner to be chosen Tuesday, December 1, 2009. Total value of Grand Prize Package is $600.
Part 1 of Grand Prize
1) Keys to Living Joyfully (autographed) and the Keys to Living Joyfully Telesummit mp3 recording by Life Coach and author Sheri Kaye Hoff ($400 value). Donated by the author, one of our Tweet for Literacy sponsors.
2) 2 codes for e-books at the iTunes App Store from PicPocket Books (combined value up to $7.98). These picture book apps are downloaded to an iPhone or an iPod Touch. For children 2 to 8. Donated by PicPocket Books.
3) Aurora of the Northern Lights by Holly Hardin (autographed — an $18.95 value), the delightful Christmas-themed picture book by one of our Tweet for Literacy sponsors. Donated by the author.
4) The Katie & Kimble chapter book series by Linda Thieman, for ages 6 to 10. Lexile® measures: 280L and 290L. This set includes Katie & Kimble: A Ghost Story and Katie & Kimble: The Magic Wish. These are stories of love and healing, and are not scary! Donated and autographed by the author, one of our Tweet for Literacy sponsors. (Value: $11.90 per set)
5) Rose in Bloom by Louisa May Alcott. (Value: $5.99) For ages 10 and up. Donated by Tweet for Literacy sponsor Linda Thieman.
6) Vocabu-Lit: Building Vocabulary through Literature, Book C by Perfection Learning. 3rd grade. Value: $9.95. Donated by Tweet for Literacy sponsor Linda Thieman.
7) Life: Be There at Ten ‘til by Dean Johnson ($9.95 value). Words of wisdom for Mom and Dad. Donated by Tweet for Literacy sponsor Linda Thieman.
8) Close Encounters of the Third-grade Kind: Thoughts on Teacherhood by Phillip Done ($22.99 value). Donated by Hachette Book Group.
Part 2 of Grand Prize
The second part of the Grand Prize is a giveaway of a different sort. One elementary school will receive a classroom set (10 each) of both of the Katie & Kimble books: Katie & Kimble: A Ghost Story and Katie & Kimble: The Magic Wish (a $119 value). These books are being donated by author and Tweet for Literacy sponsor, Linda Thieman. Their Lexile(R) measures are 280L and 290L, and on the Katie & Kimble blog, there are free, downloadable classroom (and homeschooling) materials to make life easier for teachers and parents while helping children learn to read. Linda is a former English teacher with experience in materials development. The Activity Packets that she has created meet the national standards for 3rd Grade reading and language skills.
The winner of the Grand Prize will select which elementary school is to be the recipient of the Katie & Kimble book package. Yes, the winner of the Grand Prize gets to pay it forward! We thought that would be fun and fulfilling